Skip to content
Saltash Town Council, Working for the People of Saltash

Frequently Asked Questions

Below is a list of our most frequently asked questions. If your question is not in the list below, please do not hesitate to contact us.

► Allotments

Where are the allotment sites in Saltash and how can I get an allotment?


There are three allotment sites in the town - Fairmead Road, Grenfell Avenue and Churchtown (part of the new cemetery land). To enquire, please contact the Guildhall either by email, telephone or in person during opening hours. You must be a resident of Saltash. Charges are reviewed annually and can be found in the STC Fees and Charges form on the Facilities for Hire page on this website.

► Pontoon

How do I apply for a berth on the pontoon?


Please either speak to one of the Waterfront Wardens or contact the Guildhall for details of the fees and charges and waiting list. Charges can also be found in the STC Fees and Charges form on the Facilities for Hire page on this website

► Grants

What grants are available from the Town Council?


Saltash Town Council issue Community Chest and Festival Fund Grants. Guidelines and application forms for these grants can be found on the Request Forms page on this website.

► Town Council Notice Boards

How can I advertise an event on the Town Council noticeboards?


Notices may be emailed to or posted/handed in to the office. Notices are displayed at the discretion of the Town Clerk.

► The Mayor

I'd like the Mayor to come to our event. How can I request this?


Please complete the Mayor event request form on the Mayor's information page and email it to the Mayor's Secretary at the Guildhall,

► Bus Pass

How do I apply for a bus pass?


The scheme is administered by Cornwall Council. For details on how to apply or check your eligibility please visit the Cornwall Council website or visit your local library. Alternatively you may telephone 0300 1234 100 for more information.

► Car Parks

Where are the car parks in Saltash and what the parking charges?


There are pay and display car parks at Alexandra Square, Culver Road and Belle Vue (2). There is also a car park at the Waterside which is currently free. The car parks are operated by Cornwall Council. Current charges can be found on the Cornwall Council website.

► Tamar Tag

How do I get a Tamar Tag?


Tamar Tags are issued by the Tamar Bridge and Torpoint Ferry Joint Committee. Application packs can either be requested in person at the Tamar Tag Customer Service Centre, Tamar Bridge Office, Pemros Road, St Budeaux, Plymouth, or by phone 01752 361577 or downloaded from the Tamar Crossings website.

► Potholes

How do I report a pothole?


You can report a pothole as well as other street works or highways problems on the Cornwall Council website. Problems can also be reported at the library or by telephoning 0300 1234 222

► Streetlights

How do I report a broken streetlight?


Visit the Cornwall Council website or call into the library or telephone 0300 1234 222. You will need to quote the number which is attached to the light.

► Waste/Recycling

What day is my rubbish collection and what can I recycle?


The recycling, rubbish and waste page of the Cornwall Council website provides information about how to find out what your collection day is, how to report missed collections and where the household waste and recycling centres are located in Cornwall.

‹‹ Services and Facilities